Friday, October 15, 2010

Surprise,surprise!

Friends, I have finally recovered from an exciting long weekend and am ready to blog! Ma Belle and Pa Belle were scheduled to visit for the long weekend (Columbus day off- gotta love the federal gov't!) and planned to stay Friday through Monday. I took the yellow line on Friday morning to meet them at National. I was disappointed to see that their flight had been delayed when I checked the arrivals board, so I went to dunkin donuts (hold the coffee, please) and then anxiously awaited for them at the gate. After ten minutes or so, I finally saw them rounding the corner. Here comes the surprise - prepare yourselves- it's prettay awesome!
They had this little munchkin with them!
She even had the green backpack she is wearing in this picture as her carryon! Ahhh so precious!! This sweet little girl is my oldest niece, Ellie. She makes regular appearances as BigM over at the Mouse House, my sis-in-law's blog. She has a piece of my heart to put it lightly and I was so overjoyed to see her. I held back tears when I saw her because the last time I saw her I was crying (right before I was moved) and I didn't want to worry her. Man, can that child worry. So needless to say, I was totally surprised and shocked. Ma Belle was particularly proud of her surprise because I had absolutely NO clue. Within minutes of seeing them, we spoke to my brother and SIL on the phone, who both threatened bodily harm if I did not hold Ellie's hand at all times. Which, really, was fine with me!

I had all kinds of activities planned for my parents and me, but those went out the window once I saw Ellie. Here is a recap of what we did (i love me some bullets!):
  • rode the metro
  • attempted to dine at the DC Food Truck Cook off
  • met my friend, JSM, III to whom Ma Belle said "it's good to know you aren't imaginary!" thankssss, mom.
  • went to Safeway
  • saw my 'hood - chinatown
  • went to the top of the washington monument
  • had a picnic on the mall
  • rode the merry-go round
  • colored
  • played cards
  • painted nails on the roof
  • read some books
  • saw dinosaurs
  • met Ellie the Dog
  • decorated with streamers to celebrate Greg passing the bar! (Go Greg!)
Monday morning, we took the yellow line back to National and I said goodbye to my sweet family. However, this time I couldn't hold back my tears.

We had a busy and tiring weekend and it went by much too quickly. I am so thankful for my parents, they are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment