Friday, October 8, 2010

It's Fall Y'all!

Finally, my favorite season is here!!! Taking a cue from Cris at Adventures of the Hunt Family, here's a recap of my summer:


The summer started off with a bang!! I graduated from law school! There I am, getting 'hooded'! I was fortunate to celebrate graduation with my family and friends and it was a blast! At least it was a blast when I wasn't worrying about my grandparents possibly falling and not being able to get up!! After graduation, I set out with the parents to DC to check out school and find a new place to live. Luckily, I loved the FIRST place we went in and ended up signing a lease the same day!

Here are my parents in the apartment I chose. I am so glad we found this place! After DC, I spent some time in my hometown with family and celebrated Memorial Day (MD is a big deal in my hometown!!) Over 500 Motorcyclists travel into town for a ceremony!

Here are my precious grandparents at the Memorial Day celebration. The REAL Georgia Belle and my sweet poppy, Jesse Flay. Both my grandfather and my father served in the military, so this day is really special. After the holiday, I went back to Macon and started studying for the bar. Here are my comrades in Barbri class. I couldn't have made it without them!
Pretty much summer was all downhill from here... MOPEY. I spent a TON of time in the library at the law school. Had the worst tan (I was tanless) in years and wavered between breaking down and cracking up. The one highlight was JULY 4th!!! July 4th also happens to be when I celebrate my birthday and my mother threw a great party!

Wait?? Not everyone has a moon bounce at their 26th birthday party?!??!


This is my family on my mother's side at the party. 4 generations in one photo- pretty special! Ok, so after the 4th summer pretty much was a plummet. I have never been so unhealthy, so inactive and so sleep-deprived. Check out this picture of misery.

I NEVER want to study for the bar again. A couple of days after this picture, I did this for two days.

Looking at this picture gives me PTSD. Over 1,000 people sitting in one room taking the biggest test of their lives. Not the most uplifting place to be. After this barrel of laughs, I went back to Macon and started getting ready for the big move to DC. A week after the bar I moved from this place


to this place...


Yes, I now live in one room and have no car. But, you know what, I LOVE it!! So, this summer has been B I G. I went from a country mouse to a city mouse, started a new stage in my life and had my LAST (for real this time) first day of school! (PRAISE GRILLED CHEESUS!).

** Things I didn't mention:
- Jfriend's fiesta of a birthday
- My mellow birthday.
- going to the airport on the sky tram to have dinner the night before the bar.
- making it to the top of Mercer Law!!!
- Eye Twin getting engaged and possibly ordering a too small bmaid's dress
- Evan's 2nd birthday
- My crew helping me move.
- An awesome visit from Cris and Lauren
- A dinner and visit with Jesse, jfriend's boyfriend
- Realizing that I have a second, second-chance friend in my apt bldg
- fun labor day gathering
- DC's fashion night out and seeing the cast of RHODC
- Already meeting some great people in DC!!

Happy Friday, friends!!!

GB, JD



2 comments:

  1. Great post! So glad that you are here in DC with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me miss you so much. How I spent my Thursday, October 21 at 9:10 P.M. --> CRYING.

    ReplyDelete